1. I really must read this series now.
2. Who said that the character of Jace was miscast? Jamie Campbell Bower was PERFECT. His biting wit and facial expressions gave me life.
3. Speaking of, JCB and Lily Collins have the most amazing chemistry… it made me a bit uncomfortable and that hasn’t happened since watching….well I don’t know, that never happens for me! Bella and Edward have nothing on Jace and Clary.
4. Throughout the movie I kept thinking about Twilight…you’ll understand why if you ever get around to seeing City of Bones too.
5. I want to see more CCH Pounder.
6. I was spectacularly pleased to see Robert Sheehan in this flick. One, because he is an amazing talent with superb comedic timing. Two, that he didn’t come across as a Nathan.2 (if you’re familiar with the UK show Misfits, you’ll know what I mean. If not, I beg you to watch it. It’s an amazing show you can watch on Hulu!).
7. The special effects do not disappoint.
8. Lena Headey never ages. Plus, every time I see her I think about the first movie I ever saw her in, “Gossip” and I secretly hope for a reunion from that whole cast, which included James Marsden, Joshua Jackson, Norman Reedus, and Kate Hudson. Yes, this cast was amazing.
9. The humor in this movie is boss.
10. I appreciate the fact that the actors took the plot ran away with it, making the characters their own and having FUN with it all! No one took themselves seriously and they immersed themselves in the fantasy. At the end of the day, whether or not you think the movie is good or bad, you can’t deny that the acting in City of Bones is great…. because they believed their circumstances!! (Aspiring actors take note.)