Let me tell you…”Pretty Little Liars” is taking all of my FEELS, plopping them in the middle of the Schuylkill River, picking them back up, wringing them bone dry, and laying them out in blistering heat. But it feels so good. Why? Well let’s take last night’s insane season finale, shall we? A lot of big questions were answered, but now we have a whole host of new ones. Then again, a PLL finale wouldn’t be the same without questioning every event and every character you thought you knew.
BIG WTF MOMENTS
– Ali’s shocking Mommy Dearest confession: So, we found out in episodes past that Mrs. D is creepy, but nothing beats burying your own child alive. Whether she knew if Ali was dead or not in the moment, the scenes leading up to witnessing Mrs. D covering Ali in dirt six feet was jaw-dropping. Flies and other bugs could have gone into my mouth if they wanted to. Mrs. D. is in cahoots with someone (most likely A) or at least knew what A was up to. It got her killed though (or so we think).
– Ezra getting shot: I had a feeling right after the gun went off that Ezra had gotten shot, and then we panned to A making a fool of the girls once again, and then we pan to Ezra looking at the Philly skyline wistfully and it was then that I knew he got shot. Nothing could have prepared me for Aria’s reaction though. I was done.
– Mona’s crafty little plan: Mona knew all along about Ali’s disappearance because she crafted the plan from the beginning! Well played Mona. Well played.
– Toby going to London to tell Melissa about Spencer’s relapse: I love that Toby cares about Spencer, but he boarded a plane to London to tell Melissa about it? Say what? That threw me for a loop somehow. We can count Toby out of the A game at this stage, but methinks he knows more than we do.
THINGS THAT MADE ME GO LOL
– Hanna and her cookies: When Hanna made a little ruckus during the girls’ reunion in lieu of grabbing a handful of cookies, I laughed and related. I definitely have some Hanna in me.
– Spencer’s definition of lame ducks vs. geese: Glad to see Spencer correcting Hanna on her use of expressions. Word nerds unite!
MORE QUESTIONS & THEORIES
– Well there goes my Ezra as A theories! As legit as I thought they sounded in my head (and looked on screen), this season’s finale changed the “Who is A?” game.
– Jason is looking SO suspect right now. He could possibly have been the one to bash Ali’s head in.
-Speaking of Jason, if it was not him, who did Mrs. DiLaurentis see knocking out Ali? Who is she protecting?!?
-Judging from the build and movement of A in the final scenes of last night’s episode, I’m leaning towards the notion that A is a guy.
-What did Melissa whisper in her dad’s ear? Either she killed the unknown girl in Ali’s grave or knows who did. There was a reason she fled to London and it wasn’t for the tea.
-The list of possible A’s has been whittled down and it’s quite possible that A is someone that the audience has never met and/or someone that the girls never would have suspected.
– Jason, Noel, Paige, Wren, Mona, Mr. Hastings…I’m keeping my eyes on you!
– Is Mrs. D really dead? I would not be surprised if she finds herself in a similar predicament like her daughter’s.